This sauce features frutuscens chillies and is based on the classic Brazilian dish ‘Moqueca’ (‘mo-KEH-kah’). It’s a flavoursome stew, commonly cooked in ‘capixba’ pans that are made out of black clay and mangrove tree sap. Usually featuring fish or any type of seafood, this sauce also goes well with vegetables, pork or chicken.
COOK IN UNDER 20 MINUTES
NO ARTIFICIAL COLOURINGS or FLAVOURINGS
Suitable for vegetarians. Non GM
300g fresh chicken strips
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large pepper cut into strips
1 small white onion
1. Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat and add pepper strips cooking for 2 minutes.
2. Add onion and cook for a further 2 minutes, set aside.
3. Add chicken strips to the pan, cook for 8 minutes turning occasionally. Check chicken is cooked through.
4. Return the peppers and onions, add sauce, stir through over the heat.
5. Serve immediately with warm tortilla, nachos and melted cheese or rice.