This sauce is based on Peru’s ‘Aji Verde’ sauce – usually served with one of the country’s most popular dishes, ‘Pollo a la Brasa’ (Peruvian roasted chicken – there’s even a day named after it!). We use Peruvian-grown aji amarillo chilli peppers for ‘kick’, while the lemon juice provides a tangy citrus bite. So, follow the lead of the Peruvians and enjoy with chicken – though it works well with vegetables, pork and fish too.
COOK IN UNDER 20 MINUTES
NO ARTIFICIAL COLOURINGS or FLAVOURINGS
Suitable for vegetarians. Non GM
300g fresh chicken strips
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 large pepper cut into strips
1 small white onion
1. Heat oil in pan over medium-high heat and add pepper strips cooking for 2 minutes.
2. Add onion and cook for a further 2 minutes, set aside.
3. Add chicken strips to the pan, cook for 8 minutes turning occasionally. Check chicken is cooked through.
4. Return the peppers and onions, add sauce, stir through over the heat.
5. Serve immediately with warm tortilla, nachos and melted cheese or rice.