Brazilian Chickpea and Sweetcorn Rice
Bring a taste of the Rio Grande Do Sul Region, which is based in Southern Brazil to your meal quickly and easily using my Chick Pea and Sweetcorn Rice recipe! Delicious and perfect for vegetarians and vegans!
- Put the rice in a sieve and rinse with cold water until the water runs clear. Set to the side.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, add the onions and sauteé for a couple of minutes until they begin to soften. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add the Brazilian Seasoning Mix, the rice, vegetable stock, sweetcorn and chickpeas, mix well.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the water has reduced enough, then turn heat to low and cover. Cook for 12 min. then uncover and stir, cover again and continue to cook for another 5 min. or until rice is cooked.
- Add the coriander, lime juice, and salt to taste. Stir to combine and serve.