Mexican cheesy baked enchiladas
Round up the family, enchiladas in 30 mins!
I hope you love our enchiladas as much as we do. We’ve blended authentic Mexican ingredients to give the seasoning mix a real depth, but made sure it’s mild enough to please everyone. Try adding some grated courgette or carrot in with the chicken or you could use water instead of single cream for extra creaminess.
- Pre heat your oven to 180 C, (160 C fan), gas mark 4.
- In a jug, combine the cooking sauce & seasoning mix with 200ml of warm water and set aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and fry the chicken, peppers and onions over a medium heat for 3 mins stirring occasionally until the vegetables have softened.
- Pour half of the contents of your jug into the pan with the chicken and veggies and bring to boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in half of the cheese.
- Brush a large baking dish with a little oil, fill the centre of each tortilla with the chicken mixture, roll and place in the dish. Cover with the remaining sauce and cheese and bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown.