Mexican Chicken Enchilada Pie
I love chicken enchiladas and I love pies! So what could be better that a Chicken Enchiliada Pie? With this recipe we use my Tangy Tomatillo Cook Sauce to create a simple recipe for an amazing dish the whole family will enjoy.
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- 192g of grated cheese
- 6-8 flour tortillas
- Garnish: Crumbled Feta Cheese and Chopped Coriander
- Blitzed ingredients
- 1 Onion peeled and cut into quarters
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 Large Handful of Coriander roughly chopped
- 250g of Spinach
- 118ml of Sour Cream
- 236ml of Chicken Stock
- Poach the chicken for 15 minutes and then shred and cool. Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas Mark 5.
- While the chicken is cooking, put the garlic cloves (skin on) and the onions on a baking tray. Place under the grill on high heat for 10 minutes, turning them halfway through. Remove from the grill and let it cool, then peel the skin off the garlic.
- In a blender or food processor, put the ‘Blitzed Ingredients’ into the blender and blend until smooth.
- To make the pie, place 2 tortillas at the bottom of a baking dish, add a layer of the chicken, 1/3 of the sauce and 1/3 of the grated cheddar cheese, repeat the layers again. The last layer will be the tortilla with the sauce and the rest of the cheese. Put in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and add the feta cheese and the coriander.