Mexican Huevos Rancheros
Huevos Rancheros is one of my favourite Mexican dishes! You can use my Huevos Rancheros recipe using my award winning Mexican Chilli and Honey Cook Sauce to make super tasty dish at home!
- Heat a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a frying pan on medium/high heat, add the peppers and onions and cook for about 10 minutes stirring every so often.
- Add the chopped tomatoes. You can leave them in their chopped form or you can blend them before hand if you want them smoother.
- Add the Mexican Chilli and Honey Cook Sauce, stir in well and reduce heat to medium.
- Cook for a further 10 minutes stirring every so often until the sauce thickens.
- Use a spoon to make 4 evenly spaced depressions in the sauce. You may find it easier to remove from the heat while you do this to prevent bubbling.
- Crack an egg into each of the depressions. The eggs will start cooking as soon as they come into contact with the sauce so try and do this part quickly so they’re all ready at the same time.
- Return the pan to the heat, cover and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the eggs are cooked.
- At this stage take another pan and put on a low heat. Take 4 tortilla and place them in a stack in this pan. After a minute or so take the tortilla in contact with the pan and put it on the top of the stack so that the next one can warm. Continue doing this to warm the tortillas and prevent burning.
- To serve, place a tortilla onto a plate and then spoon some of the sauce onto it followed by an egg. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and season to taste.