Peruvian Mushroom Tart
A Taste of Peru straight to your home! Using my Mushroom Tart recipe you can create a delicious dish that is perfect for vegeterians and so tasty!
- 2 tbsp. of Olive Oil
- 1 large Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 500g Mushrooms of your choice, sliced / roughly torn
- 2 tsp. fresh Thyme chopped
- 65g grated Gruyere Cheese
- Generous pinch of salt & black pepper
- 1 Ready Roll Puff Pastry Sheet
- Milk to brush the edges of the pastry
- Fresh Parsley chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Once smoking hot, add the mushrooms to the pan and sear for 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the onions. Cook until they start to turn golden brown.
- Add the garlic, thyme, black pepper and the Peruvian Chilli and Lemon Cook Sauce, mix well and cook until some of the liquid is reduced.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Gruyere Cheese, set aside.
- In a non-stick oven tray, roll the puff pastry out and fold the edges, with a fork prick all around the pastry to allow air to escape. Pour the mushroom mixture into the pastry and spread evenly. Brush the edges of the pastry with milk.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 min. or until the pastry is golden. Let it cool and garnish with fresh parsley.