Peruvian Roast Chicken
My Roast Chicken recipe is based on one of Peru’s most famous dishes “Pollo a la Brasa” So easy to make with the most delicious flavour!
- Mix the Peruvian Chilli & Lemon Cook Sauce and water together.
- Butterfly the chicken to flatten and for ease of roasting. In a suitable roasting tray massage all the watered down Capsicana sauce over the chicken skin and on the underside of the butterflied chicken & place chicken skin side down in the roasting tray. Cover with tin foil.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C and roast the chicken, still covered with foil for 20-25 minutes depending on the size of your chicken.
- Take the chicken out of the oven, remove the foil and turn the chicken over so that the skin is exposed. Turn the oven temperature up to 220°C.
- Pour out any excess marinade or sauce from the roasting tray to keep for later, then roast the chicken for a further 20-25 minutes. Baste well with excess marinade once or twice in between to get a good glaze on the chicken skin.