Spice up your Christmas Day leftovers with our festive take on empanadas - the perfect way to use up those leftover sprouts or turkey!
1 onion, finely chopped
1/2 pack Capsicana Argentinian Sizzling Steak Seasoning Mix
200g leftover Christmas veg (sprouts, carrots, anything goes!)
200-300g cooked turkey/chicken, shredded
100g cheese, grated
2 x ready to roll shortcrust pastry (375g each)
1 x egg
Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
1. Line a large baking sheet and preheat your oven to 180C (160C fan)
2. Add the onions and a knob of butter to a hot pan and fry over medium heat for 3-4 mins until softened.
3. Remove from the heat and combine the onions with the leftover veggies, turkey and half a pack of Capsicana seasoning. Mix in the chopped coriander and set aside to cool (ideally in the fridge).
4. Roll your pastry and cut out large circular shapes using a cookie cutter. Even with shop bought pastry it's best to roll them a little thinner to avoid thick crusts.
5. Put a large spoonful of the cooled filling into the centre of each pastry circle. Add a generous sprinkle of grated cheese and a small slice of butter on top of the filling before folding over and sealing into a semi-circle.
6. Crimp your empanadas, either by hand crimping between thumb and finger, or with a fork to seal the edges.
7. Whip the egg and use as an egg wash to brush the empanadas with.
8. Once brushed, chill the empanadas in the fridge for 15 minutes before cooking in the oven for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown.