We add extra 'umph' to these crispy taquitos with either our Chipotle Seasoning Mix or Tinga Cooking Paste.
Capsicana Mexican Chipotle Fajita Seasoning OR Mexican Tinga Cooking Paste
2 packs of Capsicana Mini Tortilla Wraps
500g Leftover turkey, cooked & shredded
100g Cheese, grated
1 Onion, finely sliced
1 Red pepper, finely sliced
1-2 tbsp Cooking oil
A handful of Coriander, chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 200C. Alternatively if you have an air fryer it’s a great way to speed up cooking time and get a nice crispy taquito, turn the dial to 200C and get ready to fry!
2. In a hot pan fry the onion and red pepper in a little oil and stir until the vegetables are softened (4-5 minutes). Add your seasoning mix or paste and 1 tbsp water then cook for an extra minute.
3. Lower the heat and add in the turkey, mix well before adding in the cheese and coriander, then remove from the heat.
4. Place a few spoonfuls of the mixture onto each tortilla, creating neat lines of filling in the centre, roll up tightly leaving both ends of the tortilla open.
5. Place the rolled taquitos on a lined baking tray (or in the air fryer basket), spacing them out so they cook evenly.
6. Brush lightly with oil and cook until crispy for about 20-30 minutes in the oven (or 10 minutes in the air fryer).
7. Serve your tasty taquitos topped with fresh guacamole, fresh herbs, dollops of salsa and shredded lettuce. Enjoy!