Tasty sharers or starters for a Latin feast, fajita chicken and guacamole on a crisp oven baked tostada.
1 x pack of Capsicana Large Tortillas
Capsicana Mexican Chipotle Fajita Seasoning Mix
Capsicana Mexican Guacamole Mix
300g chicken breast, sliced
1 pepper, sliced
1 onion, sliced
1 onion, finely chopped
Fresh coriander, torn
1. Preheat your oven to 180C/160C fan and line a large baking tray with baking parchment/foil.
2. Make the mini tostadas by cutting small discs out of Capsicana Large Tortillas using a 10cm cutter, then lay neatly onto the baking sheet. Make sure to spread them out so none are overlapping.
3. Combine ½ pack of seasoning mix with 4 tbsp oil and use a pastry brush to coat the tortilla discs with the mixture.
4. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until golden and crisp(keep a close eye to make sure they don’t burn!)
5. While the tortillas bake it’s time to fry up your fajitas. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan over medium heat and add the onion and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes until starting to soften. Add the chicken and fry, stirring occasionally until fully cooked (approx. 7-8 minutes).
6. Add the Capsicana Mexican Chipotle Fajita Seasoning Mix, stir well to coat all ingredients in the seasoning mix. Allow to cook for 2minutes, adding 1 tbsp water into the pan if needed. Once fully cooked move the pan off the heat and set aside.
7. Grab your tostadas from the oven and leave them to cool on the tray.
8. Make your fresh guacamole by combining two avocados with two packs of Capsicana Mexican Guacamole Mix.
9. Build your fajita tostadas by spooning a generous dollop of guacamole onto each tortilla disc, then adding a spoonful of fajita mix on top.
10. Dress the tostadas with fresh herbs, finely chopped onion and a squeeze of lime.