One of our favourite veggie substitutes for chicken tinga, or pulled pork. We shred oyster mushrooms and bring a fresh Latin flavour with our Mexican Burrito Tinga Cooking Paste.
250g King Oyster Mushrooms
Capsicana Mexican Burrito Tinga Cooking Paste
Capsicana Mini Tortilla Wraps
1 Onion, sliced
Fresh coriander, chopped
Feta, crumbled for serving
Pink pickled onions
1. Chop the caps off the top of the mushrooms and separate from the trunks. Using a sharp knife finely slice the caps into thin strips and set aside.
2. Grab a dinner fork and shred the stalks of the mushrooms using vertical strokes. The mushrooms should shred easily, becoming stringy like shredded chicken.
3. Drizzle a little cooking oil into a large pan and place over medium heat. Add in the sliced onion and the shredded mushrooms and their caps.
4. Fry the mushrooms and onion, stirring frequently, until softened (approx. 5-6 minutes).
5. Once softened add the Capsicana Mexican Burrito Tinga Cooking Paste and 1 tbsp water and mix well. Lower the heat slightly and stir occasionally.
6. Continue cooking for a further 5 minutes until the mushrooms are piping hot and softened down to resemble pulled pork.
7. While the mushrooms cook in the pan, warm your Capsicana Mini Tortillas in the microwave or by dry frying in a hot pan.
8. Serve the pulled mushrooms in the warmed wraps topped with pink pickled onions, a sprinkle of cheese and fresh herbs.