Ben’s quick and easy take on one of Mexico’s most popular dishes! Our chicken mole is inspired by the classic Mexican dish. We have put our twist on it by using our Chilli & Honey Cooking Paste. You’ll love the blend of rich, sweet flavours with a touch of heat.
320g chicken mini fillets
Capsicana Mexican Chilli and Honey Cooking Paste
25g dark chocolate
Cooked rice, for serving
Fresh coriander, chopped for serving
1. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
2. Add the chicken to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning halfway until lightly browned.
3. Add 80ml water along with the cooking paste into the pan. Stir well and then cover with a lid to simmer for 5minutes until the chicken is cooked through. The lid is very important for this!
4. After 5 minutes remove the pan from the heat. Keeping the chicken in the pan, use two forks to shred and pull the chicken. Once shredded mix well into sauce for maximum flavour.
5. Return to the heat, add the dark chocolate and cook for a further minute in the sauce, or for a little longer to get the perfect consistency for you.
6. Serve on top of cooked rice, garnish with fresh coriander